I can’t believe it’s been over 3 weeks since my last post. And here I thought not having a 9 to 6 would give me ample time to blog.
How wrong I was.
A lot has happened on my end, so I thought I’d give you a quick summary of the past two weeks since I quit my job. I know you haven’t asked, but I’ll do it anyways.
- First things first – I officially left my job. On Friday 29th May I went to the office (which I hadn’t set foot in since leaving for the long weekend on Thursday 12th March – little did I know…) to pack up my things and adopt (I asked, so it’s not stealing) a good number of Agojis
One of said Agojis now lives with my Kindle – how cute is he!
- I had coffees and dinners (plus one sleepover) with a bunch of people, mostly from Agoda. In the process I was plied with much delicious home-cooked meals (beef tongue tacos, bouillabaise, peach crostata – the list continues)
- I had 3 job interviews – 2 for Bangkok and 1 for Ho Chi Minh City – one of which I think went pretty well (fingers crossed I hear back within the next few weeks!)
- I delivered 4 subtitles translation projects
- I taught 2 students and experienced 1 gone AWOL
- I started my cross stitch project which I bought almost a year ago and hadn’t touched since
- I started a new blog because I had only 6 (3 of which active) and that’s clearly not enough
- I bought some business books and started reading one
- I started learning Vietnamese! Today marks Day 7 of my streak
Okay, now that I see everything listed down, no wonder I didn’t have time to update this blog.
In short, it’s been a pretty good, but busy 12 days. Starting to wind down a bit these past few days though, which is good. What would be the point of quitting a job to have more time if you don’t take the time to rest and enjoy being leisurely?
How have you been in recent weeks?